måndag 27 september 2010

African stars-mission in my heart


Lying under blankets of green and red.
I gazed up at the sky above me, the air like ice in my lungs.
With a candle lit, and the stillness not yet disturbed by the worries of the day.
I close my eyes, imagine deep inside, the african stars, the crickets sound.

I close my eyes, imagine the dust of Middle east under my feet, the morning prayers as hungry people rise up to seek God, but will they find him?

I close my eyes, imagine the broken houses, results of natural disasters, the floods, the hurricanes, the shore, the sea.

I close my eyes, imagine the moist that makes my hair go crazy, in a djungle somewhere, where paths are being made for the first time.

I close my eyes, I see the snow in a little village, where children are going on a sled pulled by dogs to school, where it is like you have gone back in time a hundred years or so.

I can also see the big cities, I can see the youth of Tokyo in despair, on rooftops considering if their life is worth living.

I can see the children that had to grow up too fast, left without choice, little boys in wars, little girls being married.

I hear the call, the call of those who do not understand, but are yet so eager to learn! If only they knew, they would go far, further then most.

I can feel hot sun, turning lukewarm in the night air as I eat spicey soop with an old wise woman and try to communicate with the few words I know in her language.

I can sense it, smell it, feel it, I can hear the sound of people praising, I can feel the ground shaking from the dancing feet of those who were in pain, of those who Jesus has set free! Their joy is in abundance.

It is not far, it is close here in my heart.

It is not far, it is also here right in front of me, in this city where I live.

It is the lonely mom, with her children, having no time off, life filled with stress.
It is the man, who just came from Afganistan, running for his life, not knowing this country, not knowing this language.
It is the teenager, without rolemodels.
It is the person next to me on the train, every day I pass them. Should stop more often.

The mission field begins in the heart, it begins when your eyes are open for people.

From right here, where I am sitting under my blankets that remind me of the African stars, out into the city, out into the world.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar